So, you’ve got a brand new set of Skullcandy wireless earbuds or headphones, and now you need to connect them to your Bluetooth-enabled device. It sounds easy enough, but it doesn’t always go as smoothly as it sounds.
Let’s take any possible confusion out of the process by walking through how to connect Skullcandy wireless earbuds and headphones effortlessly.
Why Bluetooth Pairing?
For two Bluetooth-enabled devices to work together, there must be a mutual device information registration between each other, also known as pairing. Peripherals such as wireless speakers, headphones, earbuds, etc. must be paired to only one device at a time, otherwise, there will be utter confusion with the reception. So, they are programmed to be dedicatedly connected to the first device they are paired with.
If you want to connect your headphone or earbuds to another device, you have to first cancel the connection with the previous device it was paired with. Think of it like a phone call before conferencing was invented. You can only talk to one person at a time.
How Does it Work and What are its Advantages?
Bluetooth technology relies on a short-range radio frequency that allows devices to communicate with each other without wires or cables. Bluetooth-enabled headphones or earbuds will give you a more flexible and personalized audio experience. You can listen privately to music, videos, or podcasts, engage in an online meeting, or get into some serious gaming without disturbing everyone around you.
You also don’t need to plug in a cord that tethers you to one spot and inhibits your freedom to move. As long as you stay within the recommended range between your headphones or earbuds and the paired device, the Bluetooth will remain connected until you choose to disconnect it.
Skullcandy Headphones and Earbuds Models
Skullcandy is a good-quality, trendy brand that makes tech accessories. They make several models of listening devices that fall under the category of either headphones or earbuds.
Headphones rest on your head or around your neck with a curved bar called a yoke that connects the two earpieces. The earpieces are usually cushioned and surround the entire ears to block out external noises and box in the sounds coming from your device for a more pleasurable listening experience.
Earbuds come in a charging box with two small wireless devices, called buds or pods, that fit into your ears.
The following instructions for pairing your Skullcandy headphones or earbuds work with most models.
Skullcandy Wireless Headphones
Currently available models as of this writing:
- Venue Noise Canceling Wireless
- Crusher 360 Ultra-Realistic Audio
- Crusher Evo Sensory Bass Headphones with Personal Sound
- Hesh ANC Noise Canceling Wireless Headphones
- Hesh Evo Wireless Headphones
- Transparency Hesh Evo Wireless Headphones
- Take a Hike Riff Wireless 2 On-Ear Headphones
- Riff Wireless 2 On-Ear Headphones
- Street Fighter PLYR Multi-Platform Wireless Gaming Headset
- Icon Wireless
- Grind Wireless
Skullcandy Wireless Earbuds
Currently available models as of this writing:
- Indy ANC Noise Canceling True Wireless Earbuds
- Sesh ANC True Wireless Earbuds
- Grind True Wireless Earbuds
- Push Active True Wireless Earbuds
- Indy Evo True Wireless Earbuds
- Mod True Wireless Earbuds
- Sesh Evo True Wireless Earbuds
- Transparency Jib True 2 Wireless Earbuds
- Jib True 2 Wireless Earbuds
- Take-a-Hike Dime 2 True Wireless Earbuds
- Desiree Dime 2 True Wireless Earbuds
- Dime 2 True Wireless Earbuds
- Pit Viper Dime True Wireless Earbuds
- Method Wireless Sport Earbud
- Smokin’ Buds 2 Wireless
- Xtfree BT Sport
- Ink’d Wireless
- Jib Wireless
How to Pair Skullcandy Wireless Earbuds
Skullcandy’s True Wireless earbuds offer a convenient wireless experience with intuitive controls. The Indy Evo, Sesh Evo, Dime, and Ink’d True Wireless models all pair in a similar way.
If you want a fully guided process to pairing, download the Skullcandy app and follow the instructions.
If you prefer pairing them manually, follow this step-by-step guide:
- Take the earbuds out of the packaging and insert them into the charging case.
- Close the case and wait for the LED to turn red.
- Take the earbuds out of the case to power them on by pressing the on/off button.
- Once you power them on, they will automatically enter pairing mode upon the first use
- Find the Skullcandy earbuds on your Bluetooth Device list on the computer or phone.
- Select the Skullcandy earbuds you want to pair.
How to Pair Skullcandy Headphones
The Skullcandy Riff, Crusher, Crusher Evo, and Hesh 2 Wireless headphones all use the latest Bluetooth 5 standard. If you prefer to follow a fully guided process, download the Skullcandy app. If you want to pair the headphones manually, follow these steps.
With your headphones or earbuds in hand and the phone, computer, or another device you want to pair them with nearby, let’s walk through the following process.
1. Activate Pairing Mode
Instead of using a separate Bluetooth button, most Skullcandy headphones use the Power On/Off button to navigate through the process of activating Bluetooth functionality. These buttons are usually on either side of the headphones or earbud charging case.
If your unit has a separate Bluetooth button, press it. Otherwise, press the Power button and hold it for about 4 to 5 seconds.
When the pairing mode gets activated, an LED light will start flashing.
Note that the Power On/Off button may also access other modes. Refer to the owner’s instructions to see what functions your Skullcandy headphone Power On/Off button offers.
2. Locate Headphones on Bluetooth Device
Whatever device you want to connect via Bluetooth, whether a phone, a laptop, or some other Bluetooth-enabled device, make sure it is in front of you and set to visible. Otherwise, the headphones won’t be able to locate it.
Look on the device you want to pair to find “Headphones” on the list.
Pairing earbuds or headphones follow a similar step-by-step process. Depending on which device you are pairing, the setup may differ slightly.
Pairing your Skullcandy headphones or earbuds with an Android device is done in four easy steps:
- On your Android device, go to settings by clicking on the gear icon
- Tap Connections to open the menu.
- Select Bluetooth from the Connections menu
- Select: Pair New Device
- Click on your Skullcandy device as it appears on the list
The pairing is complete!
Pairing Apple iPhones with Skullcandy earbuds or headphones has a very similar process to pair with an Android device.
- Go to Settings by clicking on the gear icon
- Activate Bluetooth
- Search for your Skullcandy on the list under Other Devices.
- Select your Skullcandy headphone or earbuds model from the list.
To pair a Skullcandy headphone or earbuds to a laptop or tower computer:
- Click on the Bluetooth button in the toolbar.
- If you cannot locate the Bluetooth button on your toolbar, go to the taskbar at the far bottom right of the display screen to find an upward arrow.
- If you still need help finding the Bluetooth button on the toolbar, go to the Windows search on the lower left side of the toolbar, and search for it in the Windows search box.
- Click Bluetooth and the Add a device window appears
- Choose: Show Bluetooth Devices
- Click on: Bluetooth & Other Devices
- Select your Skullcandy headphone or earbud model from the list of devices and tap on it to start pairing.
Pair your headphones or earbuds to your Mac computer by following these steps:
- Find the Apple menu
- Choose System Preferences
- Select Bluetooth
- Find your Skullcandy headphones or earbuds on the list
- Select: Connect
- If asked, click: Accept
- Confirm the Pairing Process
If you successfully paired your Skullcandy headphones or earbuds through Bluetooth, you will:
- Hear a beeping sound
- See the LED light stop blinking when the pairing process is complete.
Pairing Issues and How to Fix them
Sometimes pairing issues arise such as only one side of the headphones or one earbud pairs with your device while the other one does not. Or sometimes, the pairing utterly failed.
If you completed the pairing process but did not hear a beep or the LED light did not stop blinking, you need to attempt the pairing procedure again. If that fails, reset your headphones or earbuds.
Resetting Skullcandy Headphones or Earbuds
The resetting process depends on which model of Skullcandy headphones or earbuds you have. Refer to the owner’s manual to follow the specific procedure instructions to reset your model.
To reset most Skullcandy headphones:
- Turn off the headphones by holding down the Plus and Minus buttons simultaneously.
- Wait for the double beep sound.
To reset Skullcandy earbuds:
- Reset the earbuds by placing them in the charging case and tapping the on/off button six times on each earbud.
Additional Troubleshooting Tips
Pairing your Skullcandy headphones or earbuds with a Bluetooth-enabled device is a fairly straightforward procedure that usually goes well. Sometimes, however, you may run into a pairing issue. The following are several troubleshooting suggestions for various Bluetooth pairing-trouble scenarios.
|Common Causes of Skullcandy Bluetooth Pairing Problems||Solutions|
|The Bluetooth is off||Make sure Bluetooth is turned on by looking for a little Bluetooth symbol. If you are connecting using a phone, look for the logo at the top of your phone’s screen. If you do not see it, go into settings to enable it.|
|Discoverable Mode is off||Turn on Discoverable Mode by going into your phone’s settings and turning on Bluetooth.|
|The two devices to be paired are far from each other||Ensure the two devices you want to pair are within 5 feet of each other.|
|A device needs resetting||Perform a soft reset by powering both devices off and back on.|
|The phone is in Airplane mode||On your phone, try going into and out of airplane mode.|
|Interference from other devices||Sometimes, the Bluetooth headphone or earbuds fail to connect to your device because of the interference of another Bluetooth-enabled device. Power down interfering devices.|
|The headphone, earbud, or speaker was previously connected to another device||Some older speakers or headphones try to activate their usual link to the last device they were paired with. Solve the problem by turning off that other device until you established the new connection.|
|One or both devices are running low on power||Charge the headphones or earbuds and the phone or computer you want to pair. Some devices have Smart power management that turns off Bluetooth if the battery is too low. Make sure the devices you are pairing have enough battery life.|
|A device has to be deleted and the process has to be restarted||Delete a Device. If your phone detects a device but is not receiving data from it, you may need to start from the beginning.|
In iOS settings, remove the trouble-making device by tapping on its name and selecting Forget this Device.
In Android settings, tap on the device’s name and then Unpair. After you removed the questionable device, start with Step 1 to pair.
|Close proximity to a Wi-Fi Router||Step Away from the Wi-Fi Router. Another challenge that gets in the way of successfully pairing Bluetooth devices is interference from a device that uses the same spectrum. The Wireless router is a likely culprit. Creating some space between your Bluetooth-enabled devices you want to pair and the Wireless router may help.|
|Too close to a USB 3.0 port||Step away from a USB 3.0 Port. Another possible obstacle is interference from USB 3.0 ports. These ports provide laptops with a high-speed USB. If the Bluetooth connection is not happening, try to pair your Bluetooth away from the computer equipped with the USB 3.0 port.|
|One of the devices is not designed to connect via Bluetooth||Ensure the pairing devices are designed to connect. Your headphones or earbuds and the computer, phone, or other devices you are trying to pair may not be designed to connect. To be sure, check the user manuals.|
Skullcandy Wireless Earbuds or Headphones, Connected!
We provided step-by-step instructions for pairing Skullcandy headphones and earbuds with 4 different devices. With this information, you should no longer have a problem pairing any Skullcandy headphones or earbuds to a Bluetooth-enabled device.
If our tech troubleshooting advice helps you in any way, we would appreciate hearing from you. Please drop your comments below.